Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yard Tours

We love to have yard tours in my family. A yard tour is simply walking around the yard and admiring different plants or trees. We will ask one another questions like what kind of a plant is that? Or what do I do about snails? Occasionally we will dig up a new start for someone else to plant in their yard. Gardening really is a soothing activity. There is a lot to be learned about life through tending a garden. I think that consistency is one of its best lessons. You have to be diligent about watering and weeding. You can't miss too often or the plants look bad. But plants are also forgiving. If you neglect them and then go back to tending them they usually recover nicely. My grandmother loved to garden. My mother and sisters all have beautiful yards. I am glad that I enjoy it. Thank you Mom and Grandma! Gardening is a wonderful gift. Here are some of my current favorites.

I love to plant and tend pots. I especially like these on my front porch this year.



I love shade plants. I wish I had more shade in my yard.


7 comments:

Kim Ward said...

Nicole, I don't know what you are talking about this is a great post. Wish I had had this idea. Yard tours are part of our legacy. YOur pots look beautiful. YOu will have to tell me what you put in them. I don't have pots this year. IT is a first in a long time and I will have to make up for it next year by having amazing pots. I love you. Please don't quit our game. It is something to look forward for for me.

Jessica O. said...

I love gardening as well. Your yard looks great you guys have worked hard. It is a great reward. I also long for shade maybe some day.

Natty said...

I think when my kids are all grown or maybe just in school all day I want to be one of the gardeners at Temple Square. Even if all I do is pull weeds. I love gardening! Your pots look great!

Cheri said...

Thanks for the pictures of your pots. They are gorgeous. I also love this post, great job and very inspiring. I love to garden as well and get excited to see other peoples gardening ideas. I took a tour of Jessica's yard the other day and it was spectacular. I would love to come walk around your yard and see everything you've done.

Jerry said...

Nicole, great post you get a lot done. Your yard does look fantastic and so does your garage. It is one of the fun things that we do in the summer. Love, MOM

Heather said...

Beautiful Nicca. Can you list the names of the plants you have pictured?

Kim Ward said...

Oh this is making me miss home. Go on a few extra yard tours for me. You could maybe do a video and there is another post.