Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Least Favorite Day!

Today has been a very looong day. It was come home from Lake Powell Day. I do have to say that I hate this day. (But it did go pretty smoothly.) My reasons for hating it are probably multifaceted. As a kid it was a very high stress day. My dad (who I adore) and I almost always had a fight on this day. He was a stressed out houseboat driver and I didn't think I deserved to be yelled at because he didn't like driving the houseboat. Thankfully Jason has taken over this job. (Don't be mad at me Daddy.) It is also a let down after a fun week at one of my favorite vacation destination. A long drive and a ton of clean up work at the houseboat and at home once you finally get there. I am now up late trying to catch up on my contest with Kim. Lets see if I am still in the running.

4 comments:

Kim Ward said...

I think you should surely still be in the running. The last day of Lake Powell is never fun. Good luck with your new job. I think you will like it, and you will like Leslie. I miss you so much and thank you for scheduling all your posts. Miss you.

Jessica O. said...

You totally are still in the running. I'm the loser who just couldn't quite make it. I'll try to make up for it this week. Yesterday went pretty smoothly but I agree it is the least favorite Lake Powell day.

Natty said...

Oh "De Poop Docks." Yes, that day was always the worst when I had the great chance to go with you guys to Powell. I just remember my tactic was to stay out of the way, lay low, and try to get Kimma to keep her mouth closed so she wouldn't get into trouble! I hope you had a fun trip.

Jerry said...

Lake Powell is a ton of work but when your Grandkids say they would rather go to Lake Powell than Disney Land I guess we will all just keep working. Love, MOM