Monday, June 15, 2009

Isaac's First Swim Meet

Backstroke. He does great especially when he remembers his arms.

After his very first race.

Isaac had his first swim meet tonight. He had such a great time. He swam in three events and I was pretty nervous for his first event. He took off and swam about half the length of the pool and then he started swimming to the edge for a quick rest every few strokes. He is such a funny boy. I was also a timer. I have absolutely no training in this and a few times the person possibly got a better time than they deserved because I was occasionally a little slow on the button. Isaac was making friends with people and having a great time.The meet was long. It started at 5:00 and ended at 9:30. So we have had a very full day. In fact I have this week jam packed. We will be ready for a vacation.

4 comments:

Kim Ward said...

Izzy, congrats on you first swim meet. You look great in your pictures. I can't wait to read this to Andrew.

Jessica O. said...

Great job Isaac. You are a fish!

Cheri said...

That is so great! Good for Isaac. Love the photos

Jerry said...

Isaac, I loved the pictures. I am sad I had a funeral viewing and missed the meet. Hopefully next met we can attend. Great job. Love, Grandma Kathy