Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Little Poll

Tonight we went to dinner at Five Guys. I have been wondering which restaurant would win the best burger award. Five Guys or IN-N-OUT? I believe that I decided IN-N-OUT wins. Their burgers are the best. Simple and you can have a chocolate shake to go along with the meal. Five Guys is good but the last two times I have been there I have been a bit disappointed. Two times ago I ordered grilled mushrooms and grilled onions. The mushrooms were from a can and the onions were only grilled for about 30 seconds. I don't like raw onions or canned mushrooms. Tonight I ordered the cheeseburger plain. Lettuce, tomato, pickle, ketchup and mustard. I'm thinking plain it will be perfect right? It was pretty good but the cheese wasn't melted. I don't really get that. So that is why my vote is going to IN-N-OUT. Cast your vote now.

9 comments:

Heather said...

IN-N-OUT BABY!
Fries are more my style. Burgers taste more fresh, and you can get REAL GRILLED onions. Plus, you really can't go wrong with a shake, whatever your fancy. And I like their aprons with the big safety pin to hold them together. And they give you stickers for the kids.
Now, how do we get one up in these parts!

Sarah said...

IN-N-OUT all the way. We have a 5 guys here and had heard that they were the bomb so we splurged one night with the fam and went- totally disappointed. Soggy burgers, burnt fries, not much variety in the menu, NO shakes . . . let down. Won't be going back there again. Wish we had a a good burger joint here. Looks like Wendy's is all we have to work with.

Kim Ward said...

IN-N-OUT. You can go ahead and count that twice as Jeremy loves IN-N-OUT too. When we went to San Diego we ate it everyday sometimes twice pathtic I know. Good thing they don't have one here or would blow up like a balloon .

Jen said...

I think they are pretty equal as far as the burger quality. I like the fries at 5 Guys better because they are real hearty fries. In-N-Out wins for price.

My vote is a write in for: Crown Burger!

Jessica O. said...

I"m torn. I agree they should offer a chocolate shake. Heather they are coming. If the government would but out they'd already be here. I'm SWITZERAND. I've had a great burger at both places. I've had a soggy burger at both places. The key for me is that I actually like a burger.

Jerry said...

In-N-Out
The are the best. When will we get one in Utah. Love, MOM

Cheri said...

I have never understood the love for IN-N-OUT. The only thing on the menu that's worth ordering is the shake which is super creamy and delicious. 5 Guys fries are by far better than IN-N-OUT's. I don't know I really don't like the burgers either place but I don't really like burgers so...

Tami said...

I've never had 5 Guys. I have to admit that it has taken me a while living in Cali, but I have become a fan of In-N-Out. I like the burgers, not a huge fan of the fries still though.
Side Note: Obama likes 5 Guys. I saw it on TV.

Denise/Nene said...

IN-N-OUT! Being a native Cali girl I can't vote any other way nor would I. I agree about the fries though. I've never been a fan of their fries until I tried them animal style. Now there isn't anything I don't like about IN-N-OUT Burger. I can honestly say I don't recall the last time I had their shake.