Thursday, June 25, 2009

Isaac's smokers hack

For the longest time Isaac has had a smokers hack. He coughs really hard and clears his throat like a grown man. We have always just chalked it up to a little bit of mild asthma. Well I have been wondering lately if Isaac has allergies. So a few days ago I took him to see a pediatric allergist. We went over the forms and I told him my suspicions and then they administered the scratch test. Isaac cried and was really angry at me the whole 15 minute wait time. He was carrying on like a crazy boy. When the doctor came back in he was quite surprised that Isaac was VERY allergic to almost everything. (All trees, all grasses, all weeds, some molds, cats, dogs, and horses.) I guess it is a good thing we no longer have Cleo and Zoie. He wasn't allergic to feathers but we are not having a bird. I am feeling sad for poor Isaac. And I am feeling a bit dense.

3 comments:

Kim Ward said...

I'm sorry Isaac. Nicole what do you do for him? Just take and allergy pill or do shots or what?

Denise/Nene said...

I remember my brother being that way as a kid. The good news is he grew out of it over time. Poor Isaac. I hope it gets better bud.

Cheri said...

that's to bad. I hate allergies!!