Sunday, June 7, 2009

Missing Happiness...

Okay, I'll admit that my family has a bit of a soda pop drinking problem. How could we not we are started on the sauce at a pretty young age. I just turned 35. (WOW!) I decided to give up soda for awhile. (I know that I have been known to do this in the past so don't laugh.) Soda pop drinking is a social thing for me. I love to go and get a drink. I have done this a lot with my family and with friends. Me and my kids love to swing by Jardine's for a drink. It is also a big stress reliever. If things aren't going well a soda really makes everything better for me. So this week has been hard for me. I am still getting little headaches but I think they are improving. The real trick will be sticking to the program at Lake Powell. I'll keep you posted.

9 comments:

Jessica O. said...

You are doing great. It really does bring a little happiness. Maybe we were a little out of control but we don't have to stop altogether. Keep up the good work.

Kim Ward said...

Way to go Nicole. What prompted this? I am suppose to give up soda this year. I'm not ready yet. You will be my inspiration, if you can kick it I will try once I am acclamated to my new place. Good luck and I love and miss you.

Cheri said...

I think having a goal is great. But I have to agree with Jess on this one, that if you real it in and keep it moderate then there's not problem with having a soda. But I think you should stick to it for the time you committed too. GOOD LUCK!!

Heather said...

Good luck Nicca!

Jen said...

Stay Strong. I am a recovering Sodaholic and living proof that you can give it up and not really miss it (after a while). I can also attest to how much better I feel not drinking it anyone. I am going on 5-6 years of caffeine free bliss. I do indulge in a Root Beer whenever I have mexican food but that is about it.

Lori Smith D'Alba said...

Hey, Nicole: Best of luck with giving up soda. I gave up caffeine in May 1989 - and still miss my Diet Coke!!! I keep telling myself, "water is good, water is my friend. . ." Yeah, doesn't work that great, but each day gets a little easier. :)

Natty said...

Good luck, Nicca! Is David trying to turn over this new leaf too?

Jocelyn said...

It is not an addiction...it is a life choice. I think you are a superstar for making so far...Good Luck.

Jerry said...

I think you are doing great. It takes a lot of dicipline. Grandma Phyllis was perfect at self control. Maybe we will all get that way. Love, MOM