Monday, November 17, 2008

"Toothbrush Episode"

Lucy has been into everything lately. It is hard to keep up with her. One of her favorite things to do is to take all the shoes off the shelves in my closet. Sometimes I will put them away three or four times a day. The other thing she has really liked lately is toothbrushes. A few days ago, I got out of the shower and she had my sonicare toothbrush, or so I thought. I took it from her, brushed my teeth and put my sonicare away in my drawer. Later that night David was getting ready for bed; he went to brush his teeth and he couldn't find his toothbrush. (David never loses or misplaces anything so he was perplexed.) I realized my earlier mistake immediately. Lucy didn't have my toothbrush; she had David's. I also realized that I had used it! (GROSS!) This "toothbrush episode" reminded me of how my older brother Jason use to torment me. He would always say to me " Hey which color toothbrush is mine, again?" Acting like he couldn't remember which one was his. Then I would pick up my toothbrush and it would be wet. It made me crazy and I couldn't understand why he didn't think it was gross. He claims that he didn't really use it but I am not quite sure if that is true or not. Now as a mother my kids have the same color toothbrush all the time. Truman's is blue, Isaac's green and Lucy's pink. There will never be confusion. I am against the sharing of toothbrushes and drinks.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I accidentally used Michael's toothbrush once. He was devastated and said "Nothing is mine any more!"

Jessica O. said...

When Wade and I were dating we used each other's toothbrush. I know gross but it was grosser to kiss a non brushed mouth. Also I think Jason really did use your toothbrush. Lucy also takes all my shoes off the shelf everytime she comes.

Stohl Family said...

i can't believe how much dave and trui look alike! incredible and so cute! i have a toothbrush thing too! it's definitely not ok to share! we missed you so much in ny! i decided you, me, and amy need to plan once a month girl's night out to keep up on each other...dave even said he agreed. so let's do it! thursday nights work good for me....