Saturday, November 15, 2008

Goodnight, sleep tight...

I have a cute story to tell about Isaac, but to fully appreciate the story you must know two things. David is out-of-town for the weekend, and Isaac has never been a good sleeper. I mean NEVER! So anyway, the first night David was gone; Isaac came up to sleep in my bed around midnight. He slept like a rock. It is amazing how soundly he sleeps in MY bed. I mean what is the difference? The next night he fell asleep on the couch and when I put him in bed he said to me, "Mom? Who is going to lay by you since Dad is gone?" I replied, "No one." Isaac (in his very cutest voice), "Mom, I can lay by you, because I don't want you to have to lay alone." This is both very sweet of him, because he hates to lay alone and exactly what he wants. So I say why not? ( No one was going to be in that space anyway.) We slept until almost 8 o'clock, not something I get to do very often. Right now, the third night, he is currently asleep waiting for me in my bed. Tomorrow night David is going to have a difficult time reclaiming his spot. Isaac is so funny and such a great kid. I really am glad to be his mom. I'm hoping to wake up to a clock that says 8 something. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Isaac is a very sweet boy. Sometimes I think people don't know that about him because he is also very wild and stubborn but also the nicest and sweetest. Give him a kiss from me.

Heather said...

It is nice to know you have a bed mate stand-in when you need him! I haven't seen Isaac nor Truman in a long, long time!

Kim Ward said...

I remember sleeping with mom when dad was out of town, I always liked that! Isaac is a cute boy and we love him!