Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mexico

We had a fun trip to Cancun, Mexico. This is our second year in a row going there and the trip was pure relaxation. I am generally not a hang-out-at-the-pool type, but that is what we did. The kids loved it. They swam and made friends with all the other children. Wyatt and Sierra were their favorites. Wyatt however was not my favorite. He did not have very nice manners and he wasn't nice to Lucy. Jason told Isaac he would give him five dollars if he would hold Wyatt under the water. He was just kidding, of coarse, but that just illustrates the annoyance level. The kids also loved playing at kids club. The have fun crafts and activities for the kids to do. Their favorites are face painting, pinata party, making bead bracelets and Foosball. They also released baby turtles into the ocean. That was very fun! Lucy loved swimming and she made friends with everyone. She waved goodbye and blew kisses all over the place. She and Jason became best buddies. The adults hung out, read and talked. We took turns playing with Lucy and the boys. The food was good and several nights we went into the town of Playa del Carmen. We also followed the economy and politics in the evenings.


One day we took a day trip and went to Xel Ha! It is an adventure park, Mexican style. We swam with the Dolphins and it was quite fun. Isaac and Truman were a little nervous but they have talked about Alux, our dolphin, non-stop. Alux swam up behind us and then we super maned across the pool. Kind of like at Sea World. My childhood dream is almost realized. (Reference Oceanside Blog about Shamu.)


My camera also died in Mexico. It had a weird pop and then wouldn't work again. It is currently being fixed. My other point and shoot cameras battery was dead so I don't have good pictures to post. I know that I am computer and camera challenged. I guess I have a good goal for next year.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so sad there are no pictures. What is a trip without pictures? Shoot!!! Hope you get your camera issues worked out. Glad you had a fun time and maybe one day we can join you in sunny Mexico. Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks and your kids in 4 weeks. Getting excited.

Jessica O. said...

Umm...What has gotten into you? I am totally enjoying your current everyday blogging. Mexico looked fun maybe we will make it with you sometime.

Kim Ward said...

Sounds like a blast. I had so much fun when I went with you and David, like six years ago.