Monday, October 27, 2008

2008 Travel Log

Jessica told me today that she wanted a new post from me. We have been busy getting back into the routine of regular life after our trip to Cancun. Traveling is fun and something I enjoy doing but I would prefer to go a little less. It is a lot of work, especially with kids. I always tell David that going somewhere takes up three weeks. The week before preparing to go. The week you are gone and it takes a week to recover from the trip. I was looking back on our year and these are the places we have been.

January- New Orleans. David went to the National Championship Football game. I wasn't traveling but I was home alone with three small children.
February- We stayed home.
March- St. George with the whole family.
April- LasVegas. David and I went for the BonJovi concert.
May- Pinehurst, North Carolina. David went on a golf trip. I was once again home alone.
June-Lake Powell. Our family trip with the Larsens.
June-Oceanside, California. Family trip with the Stohls.
July- Spudman. David, Nicole and Wade.
August- Lake Powell. The Stohls, Wards and Jason.
September-St. George/Las Vegas. Couple trip with our friends the Johansens.
September-Louisville, Kentucky. David and I went to the Ryder Cup.
October-Cancun, Mexico. Our family and Jason.
November- New York. David and I will be attending his moms wedding.

No wonder I don't get anything done.

6 comments:

Jessica O. said...

February is looking lonely. 2009 is the year you will travel in every month. You can do it. I know David can!!

Kim Ward said...

The list looks exhausting. While I hope to travel more, never quite as much as you guys. I'm a total homebody.

Heather said...

Have a great time in NY!!

Natty said...

Hey Nikka! I always hated it when y'all were out of town and David was gone from work. It sounds like you've had a fun year and what a blessing to be able to go such fun places with your kiddos. Congrats to Alice, I didn't know she was getting married. NY is a place I'd love to go back to soon.

Jerry said...

Nicole you are lucky. We look forward to being with the kids when you go to New York. The kids were so cute last night. Hope to see them on friday evening.

Stohl Family said...

when are we going to get together? The only time I see you is when we travel! It is a good thing you have taken the trips when they've been with us, otherwise I'd never see you! And don't leave it up to Dave and Matt to keep us updated on each other! Sheesh! You'd never know they see each other almost every day.