Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Easter!



Happy Easter! I know that I am a little late in this wish but I left my camera at Grandma and Grandpa's and it took me a few days to get it back. Easter also seemed to sneak up this year. Even though I knew it was early, it still seemed to come way before it should have. I never even got all my decorations out. David was glad and said "this is good, now I won't have to put them away." As if he really puts them away. The festivities started on Saturday and we had a really fun egg hunt and brunch at our neighbors. The children really have a great time and it is good for David and I to try to be social and meet people. This is definitely not a strong suit for us. Sunday was 9:00a.m. church so we didn't do baskets until after church. When we got home I was feeling a bit grumpy, (Sunday is usually the hardest day of the week for me and I need to try and make it a day that I look more forward to. What are some of the things you guys do to make your Sundays special? I could really use some good suggestions.) We snapped a few pictures and then the boys hunted for their baskets. We had a low key afternoon and then went to Grandma and Grandpa's for Easter dinner. The kids love to get together with their cousins and it is generally madness. I always loved Easter as a kid. We would go to the egg hunt at Happy Hallow and we always had a new dress to wear to church. Dressing up always made the day really special. We always hunted for our baskets and Easter candy is still my favorite. (I love the Cadbury mini eggs.) On Easter I am especially thankful for the Savior and the resurrection, I know that it is a gift to all humankind and because of it our families can be eternal. This knowledge gives me great comfort in my life, not only because I love my family and want to be with them but because I want to be able to raise Katie and Ellie and I want my kids to know their sisters. Heavenly Father's plan makes it possible.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Your kids look darling.
We'll have to chat about Sunday stuff. It's hard to do when they're little, but I have some ideas!

Heather said...

Thanks for the Easter message!
Love the pictures of your kiddos.
I'm trying to have a good attitude about church with a little one..its definitely a challenge. Our parents did it (and very well) so we can do it!

Jen said...

Your kids are so adorable, I just want to smooch Lucy. It is only 8am and you have me craving Cadbury mini eggs - Yummy.

Jessica O. said...

I love the kids! Everytime I see a picture of them it makes me happy. It is madness at Mom and Dad's but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am glad our kids have each other. We are genetically predisposed to have a bad attitude about church.

Kim Ward said...

Nicca-
Well your kids are beautiful and Lucy looks just like your baby pictures. I wish I knew what to tell you about church because last week I threatened to never return, It is the hardest day for me too. Let me know what Erins ideas are cause we could use some practice in reverence, but by I feel my blood strat to boil as I'm trying to get my kids to be reverent, so I guess I'm not very reverent, maybe that is were I should start. Thanks I just had this epiphany- I really must not be very bright. I love you.

Sarah said...

Oh I need to see those kids. They are growing up way too fast and I'm not there to see them. give them hugs and kisses from all of us and tell them the boys miss them so much. they ask me at least 5 times a week if they get to see Truman and Isaac this summer- we are working on that one. Love you guys so much. yes, please do tell what Erin's tips are for Sunday. We struggle on a weekly basis with this on. Miss ya a ton.

xoxo

Turpin Times said...

Nic,

Oh, we were NEVER reverent in church. Don't you remember us making fun of the speakers and giggling all the time and passing notes? I remember Cameron laying on the floor during Sacrament Meeting. I don't have a baby along with older ones, so I don't really have any advice to offer, but just pray it will get better as they get older??? We always talk about how to behave at church as we are driving there. This has helped me. I appreciate your message. I think of Katie and Ellie often.