Sunday, April 6, 2008

Favorite Sunday

April is here and that means warm weather is just around the corner. It also means conference weekend; this is the best Sunday of the year! When else can you watch church on TV in your pajamas if you want and everyone that speaks has prepared a great talk? We had a completely lazy weekend at home and I loved it. I watched all sessions of conference and I can't remember the last time that I paid such close attention. It really was uplifting to me. I completely enjoyed President Monson, he was adorable. I also loved Elder Ballards talk and encouragement to young mothers. (My mom commented that Elder Ballard was very clever. He immediately endeared himself to over half the membership of the church.) It is nice to be noticed and recognized because being a mother is a very difficult job. I don't always feel like I know what I am doing but I am so glad that I am a mother, my aunt told me this weekend that you'll wake up one day and they will be gone and I really think that is how it is. Way to go all of you great moms and women out there. Women really make the world a great place to be. Just ask us!

2 comments:

Kim Ward said...

When did you get all these done. I've been checking daily and now it is time warp. I wish I could have seen all the crazy Bon Jovi fans, that had to be some good laughs. I always love conference too.

Jessica O. said...

I also missed this one. You have this in some funky order. Change the dates so that I don't skip! You are a great mom and I am glad we get to share our mothering moments together. I feel lucky to have sisters.