Monday, May 25, 2009

Jason

Jason 2 1/2 years, Nicole 6 months


Today is my older brother Jason's birthday. Happy Birthday Jay! (I can't believe you are ALMOST 40! This will make him mad at me. HEE HEE!) Life with Jason is never dull and growing up as his sister wasn't always easy; but I wouldn't trade him. Jason loved to tease and torment his sisters and he still loves to. I remember having to make him six cinnamon toast for an after school snack. He wouldn't let me play until I had done this. He also use to pull my really short toes until the skin would split between them. Now he does this to Isaac; but Isaac likes it. He would pin us down and give us the spit treatment. This is where he would drool spit down until he almost let it touch our nose and then he would slurp it back up. When I started 7th grade Jason was in 9th grade and he and his friends would moo at me in the halls. I guess I was lucky to be thin and have a healthy self-esteem. For all the teasing Jason did we had fun together too. We played lots of games and jumped on the trampoline tons. In high school he would let me drive part way home from school, before I had my driver's license. And most days he would buy me a drink at the Jiffy Stop. He would always take me and my sisters or friends boating. Our boat was a big bonding thing. I think my parents knew that. To this day Jason will say how miserable it was growing up with three younger sisters but I think secretly he loved it. We always spoiled him and we still do. Jason you are such a fun person to be around. You are very optimistic and rarely sad. Which I think are great qualities. But I especially love how you have always stuck up for me and how darling you are to your nieces and nephews. They love you and I hope you know that I do too!

6 comments:

Kim Ward said...

Jason was fun to grow up with. I hated the spit treatment. I also remember him pretending to fall asleep when he would tend and then wake up as a monster.

Jessica O. said...

Jason is such a fun person and very optimistic. He still buys us drinks. I love you Jason!

Jerry said...

Jason was such a darling boy. He also had some crazy habits like wearing his belt on the last hole and buttoning all top buttons on his shirt. He often looked like a nerd. Not my fault. Love, MOM

Jocelyn said...

I am pretty sure I have been victim of a few of those Jason moments. Great post Nic and such a cute picture of the two of you.

Erin said...

Happy late bday Jason! Nic I can't believe how much Lucy looks like you!!! Wow.

Jessica O. said...

There was no torture, from the oldest only the younger 3 torture. And while were on this subject, as you all know we no longer torture in the U.S. so you three stop it!