Monday, May 25, 2009

It's Birthday Season!

We are coming up on the busy birthday season in my family. This week was Isaac's birthday. On his actual birthday, we had a baseball game. So we saved our celebrating until the weekend. (He did choose to go to Cafe Rio though and then after I ordered him a pork taco, which is what he usually gets there, he informed me that I had ordered incorrectly for him. He wanted a pork salad. Whatever! My children never eat salad.) Sorry for the side note. Back to the topic.




The Bowlers! Isaac scored the high score. Very appropriate for the birthday boy!



Isaac is so excited to open presents.


Friday we held Isaac's kid party. It was a low key party. I served store bought cupcakes. And non homemade ice cream. Then we went bowling with ten little kids. It went amazingly well with very little effort on my part. Sunday we had a combined party for Isaac and Jason. Isaac was so excited to open his presents! It was comical. He is a really funny kid. We had homemade snickers ice cream and lemon mousse pie. I've got to do some adjusting on the pie so its presentation is better but it did taste delicious. Next up Nicole's 35th Birthday Celebration.

6 comments:

Kim Ward said...

Happy Birthday Isaac, we love you.

Jessica O. said...

I love little Isaac. Happy Birthday buddy. My favorite thing about you is your enthusiasm for whatever{good/bad}. You are a prince!

Natty said...

Crazy to believe he is so big! I still remember him playing with the hose and water outside your house in just his diaper. What a handsome boy he is!

Jerry said...

Wow! Isaac I can't believe that you are seven. What a fun, busy, active athletic boy. On Friday I will see how tough you are on our Legacy bike ride. I love you. Love GrandMOM

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! So glad I know you!

Denise/Nene said...

K, my request is that you share these fabulous recipes. Ummm...like the chocolate ganache cake you made for Trumans birthday and now the lemon mousse pie. Tell Isaac I said Happy Birthday.