Saturday, July 26, 2008

Spudman!

Pre-race.
Why are there so many crazy people?
The swim is tough. I kind of freaked out.
David & Wade after the race.
Just before crossing the finish line.
We did it!


Hooray! We did it! I feel so good to be done with this. We are both a little sore but proud to have finished the race. We both improved on our times from our last Spudman. We decided that we need to focus on swimming in open water. It is soooo different. Also if I commit to do the race I need to train more consistently. Do you see a common theme in my life?

We drove to Idaho with Wade and stayed with my aunt and uncle. My kids stayed with my parents. Gayle and Milo were very gracious hosts. Thank you so much to them. Thanks also Mom and Dad, I never have to worry about my kids when they are with you. My cousin, Lisa was also participating in the race for the first time and she did a great job. We talked about doing it again next year and decided that today would not be the day to decide. We also saw Andrea and her family so it was a fun little reunion. Joc was also there with some other friends so she didn't stay with us but she did a great job too.

11 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Congratulations!! I knew you would do well. I am sorry to have missed a year with so many people participating. Maybe next year! I am proud of both of you. Keep up the good work.

Jerry said...

Nikki great job. we did ok with the kids. Truman went with me twice. Lucy is a doll and is fun. She really likes to talk and its just like she is carring on a conversation. The boys ate a whole bag of vanilla waffers. Way to go david.

Stohl Family said...

good job Nicole and Dave! I don't know how you guys can do it! I would never be able to even if I thought I was in good shape. We need to get together soon!

Jen said...

Nic, I'm so proud of you. I'm especially proud of you considering that you didn't get much sleep the night before; I noticed you posted a comment to mine at like 1:00 in the morning the night before the race! I guess all those days of running on the Ricks track truly paid off! Good job to both of you!!

Sarah said...

well, I hope that one of these years I can be by your side doing the race with you. i am so proud of you both and think that is an awesome accomplishment. Looks like a fun race. WAY TO GO!!!

I noticed someone gave you Scentsy. I LOVE mine and have lots of favorite scents. You are going to fall in love too.

Jen said...

I am so jealous - I went to register a few hours after it opened and it was already full. Congrats!

Jocelyn said...

Great Job Nic....you look amazing in all of the pictures...more like you are posing for shape magazine than finishing a triathlon. I am so impressed with you time as well.

Kim Ward said...

Good Job. I think I want to do this next year. We should all do it as Jess suggested? Maybe we could even get Dad to do a leg of it??

Kari said...

Nicole,

I'm SO proud of you!! I can't believe you did it - it's just so great that you discipline yourself to exercise by signing up. You are my hero!

Kari

Turpin Times said...

Good work, Nicole!

Erin said...

Woo woo!!! Way to go!! I am so proud of you. You are looking so awesome!