Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oceanside

Hudson and Truman buried. Can you tell whos who?
Anzley and Sylvie looking on.
The hot tub was a huge sucess for the kids!
Luckily there were two hot tubs; one designated for adults.
Amy and Adam. Adam is a sweetheart!
Lucy and David on the beach.
Lucy and Mom.
All the kids in one shot; a difficult job.
Lucy loved to crawl on the sand.
James and Isaac building sandcastles.
Rebecca and Isaac buried alive.

We had a great trip to Oceanside, California. We rented a beach house and went with several of David's siblings. I wish all of them could have come but that is still a few more years away. The house was right on the beach and it was so fun. We had plenty of relaxing, hot tubing, boogey boarding, movie going and hanging out. I honestly could have stayed another week.

We took a day and went to Sea World, which is a favorite of mine. When I was a kid I wanted to be a marine biologist. The first time I went to Sea World my sister Jessica was called down out of the audience and she received a kiss from Shamu. It was sooooo cool! So cool, in fact, that for several years I told everyone that Shamu kissed me. I remember being older and thinking to myself, that wasn't really you, it was Jessica. I can not think of Sea World without remembering this story. We saw the Shamu show Believe. I loved it! I have to admit that I was teary eyed.

I also did a bit of shopping. California and Nevada have great outlet malls and for the past several months I have been working hard to loose weight. This was my reward and incentive to keep up the hard work. I studied fashion by watching What Not to Wear and I was actually surprised at how much I learned. I haven't been able to get anyone to nominate me so I have just taken matters into my own hands.

David and I celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary while on the trip. We were able to get a night out and we went to dinner and saw the broadway show, WICKED. I love this show. It is kind of like life; full of surprises and misunderstandings. It helps me to remember there is always another point-of-view.
We had a really great trip! Thanks, Matt for all your hard work in putting the trip together. We hope to do it again soon.

2 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Looks like a fun trip. Congratulations on your anniversary. I think James looks like Michael Stohl.

Heather said...

Nic...we just got back from Oceanside too! That's funny, I didn't know you were going. Love that place. Looks like you had a grand time. Congrats on 13 years!