Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday Mom!
Dad & Mom with all of the grandkids.
Grandma and Lucy.

My mom celebrated her 60th birthday. (I think we should have had a big birthday bash. Maybe that will have to be for 65. If I start thinking about it now I will have 5 years to plan it.) We had a family BBQ at Jessica's and had a great time.

My mom is a great lady. She is a very hard worker and rarely sits down to relax. She has to be doing something. Her daughters love it when she comes to help them because she can get so much done. We call her Kathy the whirlwind. She has many talents and hobbies. She knows how to do almost everything. I am glad that she raised me with a can do attitude, it helped me become a confident person. I feel so blessed to have her for a mother. She always does the right thing and she can't understand people who don't do the same. (This quality reminds me of my grandma.) People often tell me that I remind them of my mom and it is one of the best compliments I could receive. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

3 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Mom and Lucy are darling. Print that for mom. Mom you are the best. Not to many people help clean up the poo mess on their 60th birthday. I love you and I think you are a fantastic grandma.

Kim Ward said...

Mom, you are a wonderful whilwind. You are fun and funny and are accomplished at many things. I love you. also one of my best compliments is I'm just like my mother which I receive often at work.

Kari said...

Wow! Your mom looks fantastic. What a great tribute blog to her. You do remind me of her.

Kari