Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


This morning Lucy was the first one up and I got her a bottle and brought her in to our bed. (Isn't that the best.) She drank her bottle and then decided that it was time to play. She crawled over to her dad and started to tease him. She was saying dadada and then she would stick her fingers into his mouth and he would softly bite them. She was laughing and having a great time and then she all of the sudden she started to wail. David had chomped her finger, not hard, but she was so dramatic and she was scolding him. It was hilarious. Lucy really loves her daddy and she totally has him wrapped around her finger. It is always so fun to see her reaction to him when he gets home from work. She just lights up. I have often thought that the best part about working would be coming home and getting to be the hero. Everyone is so glad to see you. The boys also love to be around their dad. They mimic him in the things they like to do. They both love to play golf in the field by our house and can't wait until they are old enough to go to the golf course with him. They love to visit him at work and they can't wait for Friday because they know, dad is home on the weekends. Mowing the lawn and running to the bank are their favorite jobs. They also love to get treats with their dad. Favorite spots are Jardines, Parson's Bakery and the Ice Cream Factory, aka Nelson's Frozen Custard. David-our children are very lucky to have you for a father. They love you very much and so do I. We hope you have a great day.

2 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Happy late Father's day David. You are a great dad and we are blessed to have you in our family.

Kim Ward said...

I've always had a special place in my heart for David. I truly feel like he is my big brother and looks out for me. I also feel like he really loves my kids and this makes me happy. Andrew especially loves him.