Monday, May 12, 2008

Have you ever heard of glue ear?

Lucy in her patient gown.

This is before they took her away.

Little Miss Lucy has had a nasty ear infection for the past couple of months and we could not seem to shake it, so the little doll had to go in for tubes last Thursday. She had what is called "glue ear" and the ENT said that it would not have drained on its own. Thank you to my family for all of the help with my boys. She is not back to 100% yet but I think it will help.

I do have to share a cute story about my parents. My mom brought my boys back home and she was visiting with me for a few minutes. Pretty soon my dad calls. He of coarse wants to talk to Lucy. I put the phone up to her ear and she immediately smiles and starts jabbering to grandpa. My mom is so delighted that she is almost moved to tears and even though I couldn't see my dad he was very pleased as well.

6 comments:

Kim Ward said...

I think this is one of my most favorite things about dad. He is so tickled with his grandkids. He "teaches" them everything and is so pleased with himself. I'm glad they want to be so involoved and make efforts to know what is going on in our lives.

Jessica O. said...

Lucy is a sweetie pie. Even with a terrible ear infection she is still happy. Dad & Mom have both told me that story like five times.

Heather said...

Nicole..my mom, Natalie, and James stopped by your parents' house on Saturday, and your dad told us how Lucy jabbered to him on the phone. I love the pictures! Watching her the other day seriously reminded me of James--her gestures and animations. She is adorable. Glad she is feeling better.

Jen said...

Lucy is so adorable, thanks for letting me hold her at book club. I am tagging you - check out my blog on Wednesday for the details if you want to participate.

Turpin Times said...

So glad Lucy is feeling better - didn't know she was having troubles. For some reason I remember the morning I went to have tubes put in my ears, my parents dropping off the younger ones at your parents house - it was a dark rainy morning. And that night while I was laying in bed I could hear the tv in my parents room and I thought it was some kind of music piece the doctors had put in my ear. Guess I was sorta deaf before!

April Cobb said...

Nicole!! I just found your blog through Erin Madsen's who I read through Jennie Rowen's. Strange way to fine you, but you look great. And it is so good hear about your life! e-mail me, friend. cobb@byu.net