Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nicole Is Not As Smart As She Thinks She Is.

So I am a little reluctant to post another Nicole is not as smart as she thinks she is post. Especially because it is two posts in a row, but maybe you will find it humorous.

The other day Truman really needed a haircut so after putting it off for several days we decided we could delay no longer. We didn't have a lot of time before Isaac was done with school, but we headed to Cookie Cutters anyway. While the hairdresser was finishing up with Truman, the other gal in the store said she could check me out. I thought "Oh that will be great; that way we can run to Costco and pick up pictures and still get home before Isaac." The thought abruptly changed as I looked in my purse and found NO WALLET. (I had taken my wallet out of my purse at home because the Costco website needed my membership id #. ) I felt like the biggest idiot! The girl was very nice about it. She didn't make me feel any more idiotic, so I headed straight home and then straight back.

The sad thing is that this is the second time this year I did something like this. One day a few months back I had been visiting teaching and on the way home I decide that I would like a delicious shrimp taco from Mr. Taco. I called an order in and had a few minutes before my taco would be ready. Truman doesn't really like Mr. Taco and he wanted a Happy Meal. I thought I have a few minutes to kill so why not? I drove to McDonald's and went through the drive through. I pull up to the pay window and I DO NOT have my purse. I rummage through the car and normally my ashtray has quite a bit of money but MY DEAR HUSBAND has recently emptied it. (He hates clutter.) I explain to the girl that I do not have my purse so please cancel my order. (I am also talking to my sister Kim on the phone and she is witness to the whole event. If any of you know Kim she loves stuff like this so she is in hysterics. She really starts thinking it is funny when I explain to her that I have to drive all the way home to get my purse so that I can pay for my taco.) The taco was cold and poor Truman didn't get his Happy Meal because his mother was too humiliated to go back. I actually haven't been back to the McDonald's since. I'll probably have to quit Cookie Cutters too, but I have been know to quit a hairdresser or ten.

9 comments:

Denise/Nene said...

I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only one this stuff happens to. Poor Truey.

Heather said...

Happens to the best of us. Tell Truman I'll take him to MacDo if he needs a happy meal. You can stay at my house. At least you didn't ask for a cherry apple pie and an apple apple pie. That is still my favorite!

Cheri said...

I tend to leave my wallet right next to the computer wear I was online shopping before I leave the house.. Im glad you are human. :)

Turpin Times said...

We've all done it, you're just the only one brave enough to admit to it.

Jessica O. said...

We've all done this (mostly Wade). Just think how he must feel. I am the one who asked for the cherry apple pie and the apple apple pie. It's all in a days work!

Kim Ward said...

I do love stuff like this, because it is the equalizer in life. We are all human and all just trying to get by, hopefully we can see the humor along the way. I love you!

Natty said...

Classic, Nicole! That is the worst feeling when you realize you don't have your wallet. At least you weren't at a restaurant where you pay after you eat!!!

Jerry said...

Nicle I think you are very smart. We all do things that we wonder if when God passed out brains we thought he said trains and we missed ours

Kim Ward said...

A new post please.