Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Truey!

Truman turned six today. (I can not believe how fast the time goes.) He woke up to balloons with messages all over his room. I wanted to record the messages for him because all the cousins pop them before he knew what they all said. We had my family over for dinner and a little party. The cake was a disaster but that is a story for another post. Truman is not having a kid party this year because he cries too much. I tried to give him many opportunities to earn the party back but in the end it was lost. A mom at school overheard him telling a classmate who had asked about his party, "I'm not having a kid party this year, I'm having a cousin party instead." He was smart enough not to elaborate as to why. I feel like I'm the meanest. Here are the messages I wrote to you Truey.
Message #1 "Truman, Mommy loves you!"
Message #2 "Truey, you have the most beautiful eyes and the longest eyelashes."
Message #3 "Truman, you have such luscious lips. Remember to save all your kisses for me."
Message #4 "You are a good student and friend. I love how hard you try."
Message #5 "Truey, you are a great brother and helper to Mom. Thank you for being such a great kid"
Message #6 "Truman, Heavenly Father and Jesus love you and they are proud of the boy you are becoming."

Truman is a very good boy. He has a tender heart and gets his feelings hurt easily. (That is one reason why he cries sooo much.) Truman is an artist. He loves to tease and be silly. He still loves his blanket and I often remind him not to suck his thumb. Truman loves to play anything with Isaac. He loves to have friends over to play. He likes to play his Wii and DS. Truman wakes up every morning and does his morning five. He loves Lucy and she talks about him a lot during the day. He likes to put together Lego's and loves school. I am very happy to be his mom and I hope he knows how much I love him. Happy Birthday Buddy.

3 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Happy Birthday Truey!!! We all love you and are so glad you are in our family. Cousin parties are the best

Denise/Nene said...

Happy Birthday Tru! I can't believe your six already. Where has the time gone? When I first met you, you were 3 months old and just as tiny as could be. What a young man you've grown to be. Hopefully I'll see you soon.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Truman. What a lucky little man to get balloons with sweet messages from his mom!