Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Taming my Tongue!

So I have to confess something, sometimes when very frustrated I have been known to say a swear word or two, but I generally stick to the damns and hells. While building my house my language was at its worst. One day I was on the phone talking to Jason and I called my painter a jack ass. Anyone who had any interaction with my painter knows that is what he was. All of the sudden I hear three year old Truman repeating jack---, jack--- and he and Isaac laughing. Then Jason is also laughing hysterically. I was reminded that I needed to clean up my language even though building a house was pure torture. So today I went to pick up Lucy at Jessica's. She was watching her while I volunteered at school. We were talking, I don't even remember about what when I said damn, damn stupid about something. Lucy was milling about the room and came over and looked me straight in the eye and said "Mom, we don't talk that way." It was hilarious and a very good example from my two year old again. Even though my language is usually pretty clean, I am going to try really hard not to say any bad words. I don't want to hear them coming out of my sweet little girls mouth. She is too cute for that!

2 comments:

Jessica O. said...

That was hilarious. She was waddling her little bum as she said it. I also try to clean it up but sometimes the Larsen in me comes out. I told my boys that there Mom was a Larsen and their Dad grew up on a farm so they are going to have to try extra hard to teach us not to say bad words.

Heather said...

Precious, precious, precious.