Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lake Powell

Lake Powell-Halls Creek Bay

Last trip of the summer. It was the least crowded I remember Lake Powell ever being in the summertime. They say its because of the price of gas. We went with Kimberly and her family, our family and Jason. Jess and Mom and Dad were out for this trip. We decided to go to try and keep our minds off the stress of dad's surgery.
We had a good trip and the most exciting event was teaching Isaac to wakeboard and waterski. He was able to pick up on both easily. He is the most coordinated kid around and he was waterskiing for so long we finally had to tell him to let go. He was mad at us after that. A watersport lover is born.

Nicole and Lucy

The kids love to watch the watersports!

David about to bite it on the skurfer.

Lake Powell is such a beautiful place. It has so many memories for me and I hope that my kids will love it the way I do. Its not just the fun that makes the vacation it is the company. I love my family a lot and hope to have many more Lake Powell Days!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

LP is definitely one of my most FAVORITE places on earth. Just love the relaxation and serenity you get being there. It has been way too long since a last visit. hOpe to get there in the next few years.

Way to go Isaac wakeboarding. . . he is the man. SUre David was sore from that fall. Love and miss you all.

Jessica O. said...

I was sad to miss the trip. I'm glad we get to go there with our family. Great job Isaac! Now you can teach all the rest of the kids.

Kari said...

Nicole, I just got on your blog tonight to catch up on your family. What a lot of fun at Powell! So fun to see your kids out there skiing! My favorite blog is the tribute to your dad. What special memories you have of him and how blessed you are to have a dad like that. I can't believe he did the curlers for you - what a guy! I must say he always made me feel really special when I was around. He'd always tease me which I thought meant he liked me. His manner made me feel welcomed at your house. I didn't know he'd been through cancer and surgery. I'm so glad to hear it went well. We'll pray too. We love him and you!

Heather said...

Go Isaac go! There really is nothing else like Lake Powell. Glad you are passing on the beauty to the next generation!

Jen said...

Issac looks like a pro! I don't think I know a family that loves Lake Powell as much as the Larsens.